Hi everyone....Well, it's been a crazy couple of weeks and thanks for hanging in there with me. I spent last week in Atlanta helping my daughter set up her new classroom in a new school. She was a 3rd grade teacher in the Decatur City School system but moved over to another position - that of an EIP teacher in the same system but a different school. After much organizing and cleaning out, she decided she needed curtains to cover the storage space but more on that later (you can guess who got to make them). That same weekend was my granddaughters 2nd birthday, you won't escape some pictures, but for now..down to business. Being so busy, I totally forgot about our wonderful Fiber Junkies meeting I always love to share.
We used some fun tools for applying the various discharge products. Mary cut away a foam brush which gave an interesting look to the fabric. On right, another foam brush purchased at a home improvement store in the paint department.
Denny lined up the products she used in front of the fabric, a good way to see the results of each. The one on the right used 3 different products. It's a good test when you use the same fabric for each.
During lunch, we shared last months results from our deconstructive screenprinting. These are some of Kates (left) which I loved and we traded a couple of pieces. On the right is my finished piece, washed and ironed - just today, 2 weeks after the fact.
and a few more pieces. I like the one on the right the best and will do something with that someday.
On another note, the last couple of days have been amazing, like a fall day and my favorite time of year. Enjoy the last days of summer and all the fun things you can do with fabric like rusting, ice dyeing, color lifting - all better done outside.
Til next time ......