Saturday, June 21, 2014

Student's Work

 or.... Why I love teaching so much. I get to meet and work with such lovely gals who are oh soo talented. I'm always so thankful when they take the time to email me pictures as I love to share what they do. At the NC symposium, I taught my layered naturescapes class which is a favorite to teach as everyone is doing something different and the ideas are flying. I come home so inspired. 
 Carolyn Riley was working on a very personal piece...a very loved family tree was dying and she wanted to capture it in a quilt. I showed pictures of the beginnings of this piece several weeks back and now it is finished, and it's wonderful. The interesting sky created using a fabric with lots of color movement, clouds on the horizon and the wonderful old tree as a focal point. Her use of silk screen in the foreground is the perfect touch.  Congratulations Carolyn - a job well done and know you'll enjoy this lovely piece for many years.
 Angelique Fahy created this wonderful piece in class but found the animals on a fabric at home and decided to add them. What a very clever idea. I also love the moon with the clouds moving in front of it, created with tulle. The layering she achieved is amazing
And a detail....2 amazing and very different pieces from 2 very talented ladies - how lucky I am to have had them in class! Thanks Angelique and Carolyn for sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment