Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween

I have always loved making Halloween costumes. I used to call it my "silly sewing" because I could make them quick and sloppy, no finished seams, no perfect fit, just some fun sewing. My daughter always wanted to be something that involved net - like a princess and my son always had a cape of some sort...so... easy stuff. This year I made my grand daughter's costume. She's 15 months old and my daughter wanted her to go as Tank - an adorable basset hound who lives across the street.  Audrey loves this dog and is always visiting over there. 
 Most patterns were so over the top and I just wanted something simple - Butterick had the one I was looking for - a dog with long ears and tail - no zippers, just velcro closings.
 We found the perfect fabric which was so soft, you wanted a "binky" out of it just for yourself but oh did it shred. I'm still finding pieces of fur fluffs on the floor and under things I think I will be for a long time.
But was it worth it? You bet, here's our cute little doggie.
Happy Halloween everyone.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that costume is just too cute for words. Your grand daughter looks adorable in it, but then she's adorable without a costume.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, it was fun to be making costumes again and this one was made the "silly sewing" method - sloppy on the inside like all the rest....but I have to agree (with prejudice) we think she is adorable too...

      Delete
  2. I made that same one for my granddaughter, but in dalmation fabric (black & white) with black ears. It was perfect because she could pretty much take it off and put on herself with the velcro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I started quilting I got my sewing fix by making Halloween costumes for my children. So much more fun than having to "fit" and finish an adult wearable. So rewarding when the children put the costume on, like your granddaughter and become Tank (or in daughter's case 30+ years ago, a princess or Strawberry Shortcake.) I did my share of furry creatures too. Keeps the young ones warm on Halloween, but faux fur is not something I relish working with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    An Thái Sơn với website anthaison.vn chuyên sản phẩm máy đưa võng hay máy đưa võng tự động tốt cho bé là địa chỉ bán máy đưa võng giá rẻ tại TP.HCM và giúp bạn tìm máy đưa võng loại nào tốt hiện nay.

    ReplyDelete